Purposeful Parenting Month
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Author: Alia Moussaoui
Source: Press Release
"Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be" were once the words of advice given by David Bly. In a world consumed by technology and digital media, finding the time to be a parent has taken different priority. Purposeful Parenting Month is all about building strong,positive, and functional families. With school out for the summer, refresh your home with some more family time! Although parenting does not come with a manual, there are certain rules of thumb including:
1. Tell your children you love them, and do it often
2. Find at least one thing your child has done right every day.
3. Celebrate the uniqueness of all family members.
4. Create a safe environment for the entire family.
5. Grab every opportunity to spend unstructured time.
6. Plan fun family activities! Turn off the TV and turn to each other
7. Teach values. Learn the value of delegating responsibilities.
8. Establish family traditions.
Though making money and providing for your family is a very large priority, that is not all
there is to life, enjoy your family and children whenever you're given the chance!